01 April 2014

April Fools

He who is born a fool is never cured. ~Proverb

These comments were found on Facebook. There will be no "Aprils Fools" at the end of this post because, unfortunately, these are all real.

 ✿
enjoying all the research i already did today back to 1765 already in a couple hr period
 ✿
Ruth, they give you a free week. I was done in that.
 ✿
Got the family back to 1824 thanks to the work others have done. And I thought the Hungarian side was going to be hard!
 ✿
i just want to stop by for a min to tell everyone thank you for sharing ur trees and for helping others to do theirs if it wasnt for a few of you i dont know if i would have gotten so far in my tree im now on my 80th great grandfather .thank you so much once again :-)
 ✿
I just had to delete 200-300 family members in my tree due to wrong info in other peoples trees. I'm so pissed. I spent, hours, days, weeks working for nothing. I don't think other peoples family trees should be shown unless they have been professionally verified. Lesson learned.
 ✿
Is anyone working on ancestors BEFORE 500AD? Let's share results. This area of time between 100BC and 500 Ad seems to be pretty wild Working on Scandinavian and german tribes.
 ✿
I have found 10,000.00 ancestry on ancestry.com on fathers side and they are a Royal lineage. Is this unusual? I hit 4th grgrandma [name], Greenbrier, W. Va. went directly to the Stewarts of Scotland, Ireland and England. And at 10 thousand it has become overwhelming, as stated, this is what I found and I am not a pro at this.
 ✿
I'm addicted to Ancestry.com. They can use DNA to help in tracing your roots. I just found my 11th Great Grandfather. An Englishman of Nobility. Whod a thunk?... And where's my crown?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_John_Wynn,_1st_Baronet
Sir John Wynne (1553 - 1626)
is your 11th great grandfather
Robert":Mayor of Canterbury: Wynne (1558 - 1609)
son of Sir John Wynne
[The full pedigree was listed but can anyone see the problem between the 11th great-grandfather and his son?]
 ✿
just a question ,hope don't mind ,but people don.t worry much about there DNA and in Uk and a lot come from royalty,so many on here want Indian DNA, but where shot by cow boys.


PREVIOUS POST: Jung Would Have a Field Day
NEXT POST: The Best Newspaper Site for You

7 comments:

  1. Groaners, all of them, but somehow the “hit 4th great grandma … went directly to the Stewarts” is kind of revelatory. Maybe some people use Ancestry.com as a sort of genealogy slot machine. You put in a grandma and pull the lever. Winner! 10,000 ancestors in the payout of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this an April Fool joke or perhaps Ancestry.com should join those fools never cured? On their homepage this morning:
    "Note: The Ancestry.com website will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, 2 April, from approximately 1 a.m. to 7 a.m. (EDT). During that time, some portions of the site may be unavailable. Thank you for your patience."
    Since April 2 is a Wednesday ...one wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somebody noticed. The Ancestry.com message was changed by 9:30 am EST.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One could hope the 80th grandfather was a typo. Maybe 8 is possible. I think my favorite is the one who is mad because they have to delete 200-300 people after all their "hard work." It is tough downloading all those trees without looking at them! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the "done in a week" comment is my very favorite. Thanks for compiling the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "shot by cow boys"
    There are no words.

    ReplyDelete