31 January 2014

Uh, no you don't.

I opened tree hints one day this week to find this as the very first hint. Taunting me. Begging to be mocked. I think the universe is telling me I need to get back to writing on a regular schedule. So here we go.

Title: I Have My Family Tree Back to Adam and Eve
Attached to: One tree but the images were just uploaded this week.
Uploaded: 220 times in 48 hours to 220 different profiles.

Here are just two examples of profiles that have the image attached:

Martha Effie Davis Hooper
Birth 9 November 1905 in Hardy, Sharp, Arkansas, USA alt birth Illinois Marriage in Sharp, Arkansas, United States
Death 9/3/1997 in Henegar, De Kalb, AL Burial: 6 SEP 1997 Baker Cemetery,Hardy,Shap Co.,Arkansas

Diluglic - Dilulius I Van Commeria King of Troy King of Cimmerians, Roy des Cimmériens
Birth 490BC or 725Bc or 710BC in Georgia
Death 625 B.C. in SIMMERIA, BLACK SEA REGION, ANCIENT TURKEY, GREEK KINGDOMS


Doing a Google search to find the source of the image brings up three articles all titled, "I Have My Family Tree Back to Adam and Eve." Apparently the tree owner featured above didn't bother to read the articles.

"I Have My Family Tree Back to Adam and Eve"
"I Have My Family Tree Back to Adam and Eve" Part 2
Both written by Nathan W. Murphy for the FamilySearch Blog.
I Have My Family Tree Back to Adam and Eve
 From Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter, directing readers to Mr. Murphy's article.

If you have a photo or profile to suggest please send me a link at buwtree(at)gmail(dot)com.

PREVIOUS POST: Complete Nonsense
NEXT POST: Nearly, but NO!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, if you're going to post utter nonsense, the least you can do is spell it correctly, wouldn't you think? "Sumeria," anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a late comment, but when I read "Simmeria," I was thinking it was like cooking a pot of chili while in a very light mood.

      Delete